Just ask Bette Curtis. She has based her considerable professional success on her ability to listen well and enthusiastically to others. She understands that communications takes place on many levels and what an individual isn’t saying can be just as important as what is being directly expressed. Bette first employed her exceptional sales and communication skills in point- of-purchase advertising. Her willingness to listen, her positive, upbeat attitude and her genuine enjoyment in helping others fueled Bette’s professional ascent to a top producing Real Estate Broker for over 34 years.
Bette is a native Californian. Before moving to North County San Diego, she lived in the San Gabriel Valley. Having worked in the advertising field for many years, she fell in love and married her husband, Ed. Ed is a retired Police Officer having served 26 years for the Pasadena Police Department.
Bette realized that her extensive background in advertising would serve San Diego’s home sellers “Throughout my career, I’ve always placed customer service first,” she explains. “Selling and purchasing a home or property is the most important investment that the majority of people make. I enjoy the challenge of helping people realize their real estate goals.” Considering her work philosophy, it’s easy to see why Bette’s interactions with homeowners are as genuine as they are skillful. Consistent and thorough follow-through is her stock-in-trade.
Bette’s marketing and creativity know-how is the secret to her success. For sellers, she relies on the power of accurate pricing, good marketing skills and successful networking to attract qualified buyers quickly.
For buyers, Bette’s comprehensive knowledge of the San Diego Real Estate market enables her to pinpoint the best values, but only after she has carefully assessed her clients’ wants and needs.
If you are thinking of selling or purchasing a home or property, you’re ready to “talk real estate” with Bette Curtis. For the kind of representations, expert communications skills, and creativity that leads to proven real estate results, call Bette today!
* Realtor/Broker since 1983 (over 33 years)
* Broker/Owner Curtis Real Estate Professionals
* Expert Witness in Real Estate Litigation
* Member of the California Real Estate Expert Witness Association
* Past State Director for the California Assoc. of Realtors
* Past Mediator and Arbitrator in Real Estate disputes specializing in Buyer and Seller Mediation disputes
* Past Rules, Hearings and Enforcement for Sandicor (San Diego's MLS) 2009 & 2010
* Past Member of Sandicor Advisory 2009 & 2010
* Elected to the North San Diego County Association of Realtors' Board of Directors for 2011/2012
* Instructor of Professional Standards and Sandicor (MLS) Rules
* Instructor for Realtor Disclosure, Ethics, RPA and Professional Standards
* CAR: (California Association of Realtors)
* Director for the California Association of Realtors 7 years
* California Association of Realtors Certified Forms Trainer and the Residential Purchase Agreement
* CAR Certified Professional Standards Trainer
* Appointed CAR Housing Affordability Fund Committee Member 2010 to 2013
* Appointed to the California Association of Realtor CHAIR Education Advisory Committee 2015
* GSDAR (Greater San Diego Association of Realtors) Member
* Member of Greater SD Association of Realtors’ Grievance Committee (Ethic Violations Committee) 2 years
* Member of the Greater SD Association of Realtors’ Membership and Education Committee 3 years
* Pepperdine School of Law – Mediator I and Advanced Mediation Certificate & Mediating the Litigated Case
* Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
* NAR/BPO Specialist
* HAFA Certified
* CREA - Certified Real Estate Appraiser (non-licensed)
* CDPE – Certified Distressed Property Expert
* CAR Certified Pro Standards Trainer CAR Certified Residential Purchase Agreement Trainer
*Instructor for SDAR and CAR in Ethics, Agent Essentials, Disclosure, several self-written programs for Realtors. It is an honor to instruct fellow Realtors in the advancement of our Profession
*Invited Speaker and member of the Speaker's Bureau
Experience:Practicing Real Estate Broker specializing in standards and practices, listings, residential sales, and disclosures. Additional expertise includes: agency relationships, including disclosure and duties; arbitration / mediation; ethics / professional conduct; and Trust sales; professional standards; residential real estate; transfer disclosures; and trust fund management. Instructor, and Invited speaker.
Realtor and Broker Associate for:
Action Realty 1983 to 1985
Coldwell Banker Real Estate 1985 to 1993
Realty Executives 1993 to 2013
Broker/Owner of Curtis Real Estate Professionals 2013 to present